Available Cards: State ID & Driver’s license of Michigan.
Term: 4 years.
Number: 1 letter and 12 digits, coded as: first letter of last name; 3 digits = code of last name; 3 digits= code of first name; 3 digits= code of middle name; 3 digits = code of month and day of birth. Licensee keeps same number even if name changes, so name codes may not match.
Template: Current design replicates Michigan IDs issued by the DMV.
- Laser-engraved grayscale ghost image with tactile birth date above.
- Tricolor ink “MICHIGAN” (twice) and bridge image become visible as license is tilted.
- Laser-perforated “MICH”; microprinting; UV state seal on front.
- Back; Ghost image, DOB in ultraviolet ink.
- Enhanced licenses with same features & additional RFID (radio frequency ID).
- May show Real ID.
- Must show Michigan Address on all IDs.
- Magnetic stripe used to validate licenses in SWIPE scanners. Two encoded QR codes with credentials data stored for READER scanners.
There are no reviews yet.